Tuesday 22 February 2011

Strawberry beer (aka the wonder of new possibilities….)

In one short hour I will be off for a strawberry beer to celebrate the end of my last day at my job. This isn’t an ordinary change though just as the mighty strawberry beer is no ordinary beer. This is the first job that I have accepted on the basis of how I want to spend my time rather than how I have to. It’s a bit risky (as was adding strawberry puree to larger, are you seeing where I’m going with this?!) but the thing is, it might just work out into a truly fabulous medley of beery fruity goodness (in life form).
I’m not sure if I’m going to wake up tomorrow full of hope or horror, all I know is that my day is going to look a whole lot different. Tomorrow I’m spending the day literally saying ‘More tea, Vicar?’ as I figure out the admin I’m going to be doing for the church to keep it ticking over while we’re vicar-less – a bit different to arriving at half nine to my desk and staring at a pile of papers and wondering where to start.
This change is also elevated to strawberry beer status awesomeness because it is bigger than just a job change because of what it might lead to. There are so many paths that could open up from where I am standing now and I wonder if I will look back and remember this moment as the start of something VERY exciting. Whatever happens this journey is going somewhere and what is life for if not to mix it up a little and see what results?
All I know is that this is the most excited I have been in a very long time. I’ve always tried to muster up enthusiasm for a path that isn’t mine mostly because I’ve seen others around me being so efficient at it but we can only be ourselves and I’m the kooky randomer who packs up a conventional career path for what makes me smile. So I wanted to mark this day out somehow and I decide to do it here - here’s to tomorrow and everything that brings!

2 comments:

  1. good luck! - actually I have never worked out whether Christians should really say 'good luck' or not, so just in case, may God be with you and bless you :) I am sure he will open doors - that's just what he does, but probably the ones you're least expecting - I've noticed that too!redx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Red! You're quite right, I'm sure it will be nothing like I expect, expect the unexpected?! Hope all is well with you too! x

    ReplyDelete